From time immemorial, meditation has been an extensive practice. It’s a practice by which a state of mind can be achieved that calms our cognitive clamoring. Thereby, it helps decrease our stress levels. It has helped people for ages. The history of meditation can be drawn back to 5000 B.C. It’s predominant prevalence was found in Hinduism. But religions like Christianity and Judaism have referenced to it too.
Benefits of meditation
- Shunning down anxiety and stress from regular life is the principal role of meditation. Thus, it helps in curbing problems associated with tension, anxiety and stress, like insomnia, headaches, ulcers.
- Practicing meditation regularly can help alleviate symptoms of depression.
- Meditation helps in the appropriate regulation of hormones in the body. Specifically it enhances the secretion of serotonin. Serotonin is responsible for happiness.
- Meditation helps gain a better immune system. This can help protect the body from disease causing pathogens.
- It also plays a part in our social well-being by creating a positive outlook.
- It helps academic and professional growth since it increases patience and focus. Consistent practice of meditation has been constantly helping people to build an uninterrupted concentration.
For better introspection
Practicing meditation rejuvenates your mind and help you carry positive vibes everywhere you go.
There are various kinds of meditation which can be practiced. They could be guided or unguided. Some commonly practiced types of meditation include mindfulness, transcendental, visualization, body scan, breath awareness, chakra, Qigong and more. It’s the most effective, as well as a cost-free solution to regular stress and tensions.
In a nutshell, meditation has been one solution to many problems. It is always recommended to make time for meditation amidst your busy regular schedule.
Meditation helps in getting better clarity about oneself since it calms down the stormy sea of thoughts and helps to have a better introspection.