Whether you are ready to hit the ground running on a new and exciting project, or just splurge on an item you’ve been looking at for a while, it’s always a heavy decision when choosing whether to invest or not.
Not to mention, on average, we make over 35,000 decisions each day. From whether you want a coffee in the morning, what you want to add in it, and at what time, there is a lot of thought that goes into everything we do each day. Turns out, even more so when it comes to your finances.
No matter how much you make, making the right decisions with the income you have earned is crucial for your success. Some things to consider when making money decisions are:
- How long have I been thinking about this?
- How will this benefit me and my future?
- Is this investment going to bring in even more revenue?
Purchases, more so large investments, should always have a return on investment. Being strategic with your money can maximize your earning potential for years to come. Yet, oddly enough, the five love languages discovered by Gary Chapman have something to say about your spending habits.
The five love languages in which the majority of people prefer to express and receive love are:
- Acts of Service: Any action carried out to help someone else.
- Quality Time: Setting aside time to spend together without any interruptions or distractions.
- Physical Touch: Being physically close to reinforcing your connection to one another.
- Words of Affirmation: Verbal or written statements that ensure your love and appreciation for one another.
- Receiving Gifts: Tangible and thoughtful proof of your love and support.
If you have been thinking about making a big investment, run through this flowchart to see which love language you are, and what that may mean when you’re making your next financial decision.
Photo source: https://unsplash.com/photos/9l_326FISzk