Meditation is both a skill and an art. It has been proved to create new neuro connections and pathways in a person’s brain. All these new ways of thinking or looking at the world are being reflected in particular behaviors. You are capable of achieving more in less time; learning how to master focus and attention is the way to do it. Here are some specific lessons meditation teaches us in respect to productivity:
1) To work with the ability to focus in order to achieve more in less time as we understand how the brain works and what automated reactions need to be adjusted. Working less and accomplishing more isn’t easy. In meditation, we learn the perfect start: how to focus on one thing at a time.
2) To focus on one thing at a time. Multitasking is not really productive as it takes the brain 20 minutes to change and be absorbed in the new activity completely. In meditation, we are creating the habit and motivation needed to direct our undivided attention, setting the foundation for successful completion of daily life tasks and responsibilities.
3) To learn how to deal with distractions coming from the environment or thoughts as we react less and understand their transient nature. People, traffic, noise, thoughts and feelings, everything that is part of a person`s life does not need to cease for us to be able to meditate. As we sit with what is there, the reaction and attachment soften and we can channel the attention easily towards what matters. It will have the same impact on our ability to work.
4) To deal with stress and high volumes of work. Time management is important and so is energy management. The intense relaxation that happens when a person meditates leads to enhanced physical and emotional well-being. Meditation recharges the brain. As a result, one is differently prepared to face the complex work dynamics when feeling centered and confident.
5) The undeniable value of making time for ourselves and caring for health and emotional well-being. With meditation, we make time for self-reflection and see what our mind and body need. Health is wealth and once it gets off the track, everything changes.
Today, the most successful people in the world are practicing meditation. And for it to work and create the winner’s mindset we want to make time to practice daily. You can start your carefully tailored meditation course. Also, here is another opportunity to learn precise methods and tools to make real progress in your meditation practice in just seven days.
Are you ready to join LIVE meditation retreat to clear your mind and learn the art of balancing your relaxation and concentration? See more here if you live in Europe and if you live in Americas.
Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know. It helps to remember that our practice is not about accomplishing anything – not about winning or losing – but about ceasing to struggle and relaxing as it is. That is what we are doing when we sit down to meditate. Pema Chödrön
Photo: Peace Revolution archive
If you want to start a journey towards yourself, join our online self-development program and download our Mind stories app.