“When you practice gratitude, fear disappears and abundance appears.” – Anthony Robbins
Every time one is in a space of “not enough” and stress, they experience contraction, shallow breathing and a feeling that things are not going well. Jay Shetty says the easiest way to step into abundance is to be grateful for it, whether we see it or not. It may be hard to show appreciation for things that you cannot see yet. However, as you read this, you are blessed in abundance and plentiful far more than you can ever imagine. Remember, not everyone can read this, and even all those who can, perhaps, are not on the same frequency to do so as you do.
Take a moment and sit upright and take a long deep breath. Feel the air sweep past your lungs into your abdomen and when you breathe out, relax and release any tension that you may have. Give yourself permission to listen to what is happening in your environment. Begin to notice the gifts that you have within your reach.
Your various body parts
The list is as endless as you take it.
As you notice these things, be thankful for them.
Let the emotion of gratitude emerge from within you and with each noticing, let it swell and fill you up.
You are blessed. You are abundant. You are opulent.
As you embrace these affirmations about yourself,
here are 9 quotes from world thought leaders on gratitude and happiness.
- “Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn’t learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn’t learn a little, at least we didn’t get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn’t die; so, let us all be thankful.” – Buddha
- “Being grateful is a powerful catalyst for happiness. It’s the spark that lights a fire of joy in your soul.” – Amy Collette
- “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” – Melody Beattie
- “Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
- “Happiness cannot be traveled, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.” – Denis Waitley
- “You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Being grateful will shift you to a higher frequency, and you will attract much better things.” – Rhonda Byrne
- “To be grateful helps you to grow and expand; gratitude brings joy and laughter into your life and into the lives of all those around you.” – Eileen Caddy
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey.
Which one speaks to you the most? Remember to pass the candle of gratitude by sharing this post with everyone in your life.