Shall we take a moment for ourselves and make up our minds to some empowering changes in the upcoming year?
New Year celebrations are often associated with noisy parties and big gatherings, family dinners and countdowns in city squares, and some of us forget about the importance of being alone at this time. Being alone and peaceful rejuvenates, balances out our energy and intentions and prepares us to be available for interactions with our loved ones.
Let us sit down and deeply inhale and exhale ten times. Take a pen and a piece of paper and write down all the things it is time to let go of.
Writing is powerful, it is a good way to declare your decisions and manifest your wishes.
I suggest a simple list of ideas (my “let go list“) , feel free to use them or come up with your own.
- Don’t snooze, never again!
- Unsubscribe from all the mailing lists and delete all the unread emails.
- Stop drinking coca cola (there are so many better ways to get sugar)
- Stop procrastinating (Check out “Pomodoro technique” on youtube)
- Throw away food leftovers and clean your fridge
- Delete Facebook app from your phone.
- Give some money away to a good cause (giving is hard when you do not have enough, but remember to share)
- Stop biting your nails.
- Do not judge yourself and others anymore.
- Stop worrying about possible failures, worry doesn’t lead anywhere.
MANIFEST YOUR WISHES
After you have declared what you need to let go of, write down some small New Year resolutions, habits you would like to create in your life. Remember, everything starts with details. For example,
- Ten minutes of silence per day.
- Light a candle and listen to relaxing music before dinner.
- Hug at least seven people every day.
- Help someone who needs your help.
- Surprise your loved one (bake a cake, show up at their door and take them out)
- Listen to your heartbeats at sunrise
- Make something with your hands (a bracelet, a blanket, a bookmark, etc)
- Move furniture in your room to make it feel fresh.
- Look into your own eyes through the mirror (Have you ever looked into your own eyes?)
- Every Sunday allow yourself space to plan for the week and to dream about life.